• You cannot reply to this topic

Spineless

#1 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:42 PM

I've always classed myself as a glass half full type of supporter. It's always taken me 10 more games than most to realise a player or manager isn't up to scratch due to me having Spireite tinted shades on.

However.. that today was one of the most spineless performances I've ever seen from a CFC team. Last week the football wasn't great, even at 3-1 down I was still nervous but you had players fighting for the ball, winning headers and getting to the second/third ball. Today? How can we go so far backwards in the space of 7 days with virtually the same team? Gutless, passionless and utterly embarrassing. The opportunity to get to the FA Cup third round, a potential awayday at a big club. A day out for the fans & players. A payday for the club.

Which leads me to Danny.. he got it hugely wrong today. He states Evans is not fit yet brings him on at half hour. Then pushes O'Shea to an ineffective midfield position. Drags Mitchell off when in reality if anyone should of come off it should of been Ariyibi or Beesley! (I'm no way blaming Beesley for today, he works hard but unfortunately he's out of his depth at this level). Danny & his best mate Morgan are lifeless on the touch line. I'd like to say we should sack him but I genuinely don't know what good that would do. Of those available would anyone be daft enough to come in? Can we afford to sack him? Is there anyone at the club in a position to sack him considering the board room is in turmoil?

Gary Liddle? I'm old school.. I want my captain leading by example. Challenging the ref on every decision. Pumping his players up & basically leading by example. Does he do any of this? Those are basic leadership traits that don't even need a football kicked (can't even bring myself to talk about his footballing contributions) to be able demonstrate!

We have been hugely unlucky with injuries but I'm bored of hearing that excuse now. We have a massive budget compared to the majority of this league. We are rotting from the inside out and it kills me to see it. I can't wait for my email this week trying to sell the forthcoming home games.

A huge well done to Wycombe today. They did absolutely everything we failed to do. Battled hard, won lose balls and play some decent stuff in portions. Ainsworth is everything I want the manager of my football club to be. Passionate. Animated and most importantly looks like he gives a shît! I hope they get the big awayday today's performance deserves.
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#2 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:32 PM

May be wrong here but I thought Ainsworth had a reputation as a hoof ball merchant. And do we have a massive budget for this league?

#3 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:35 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 03 December 2016 - 07:32 PM, said:

May be wrong here but I thought Ainsworth had a reputation as a hoof ball merchant. And do we have a massive budget for this league?

Doubt it. Below half way I'd expect.

#4 User is offline   spireitedave 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:50 PM

I thought we were seventeenth in the pay league but why oh why do we have so many coaching/backroom staff ?

#5 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:17 PM

Compare our fitness and strength with theirs today and it really makes you wonder what our coaching and fitness staff do.

#6 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:18 PM

View Postspireitedave, on 03 December 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

I thought we were seventeenth in the pay league but why oh why do we have so many coaching/backroom staff ?

So we can maintain our skill and tactical superiority, while maintaining our fitness levels and keeping injury free
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#7 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:17 PM

View Postash_cfc, on 03 December 2016 - 05:42 PM, said:

I've always classed myself as a glass half full type of supporter. It's always taken me 10 more games than most to realise a player or manager isn't up to scratch due to me having Spireite tinted shades on.

However.. that today was one of the most spineless performances I've ever seen from a CFC team. Last week the football wasn't great, even at 3-1 down I was still nervous but you had players fighting for the ball, winning headers and getting to the second/third ball. Today? How can we go so far backwards in the space of 7 days with virtually the same team? Gutless, passionless and utterly embarrassing. The opportunity to get to the FA Cup third round, a potential awayday at a big club. A day out for the fans & players. A payday for the club.

Which leads me to Danny.. he got it hugely wrong today. He states Evans is not fit yet brings him on at half hour. Then pushes O'Shea to an ineffective midfield position. Drags Mitchell off when in reality if anyone should of come off it should of been Ariyibi or Beesley! (I'm no way blaming Beesley for today, he works hard but unfortunately he's out of his depth at this level). Danny & his best mate Morgan are lifeless on the touch line. I'd like to say we should sack him but I genuinely don't know what good that would do. Of those available would anyone be daft enough to come in? Can we afford to sack him? Is there anyone at the club in a position to sack him considering the board room is in turmoil?

Gary Liddle? I'm old school.. I want my captain leading by example. Challenging the ref on every decision. Pumping his players up & basically leading by example. Does he do any of this? Those are basic leadership traits that don't even need a football kicked (can't even bring myself to talk about his footballing contributions) to be able demonstrate!

We have been hugely unlucky with injuries but I'm bored of hearing that excuse now. We have a massive budget compared to the majority of this league. We are rotting from the inside out and it kills me to see it. I can't wait for my email this week trying to sell the forthcoming home games.

A huge well done to Wycombe today. They did absolutely everything we failed to do. Battled hard, won lose balls and play some decent stuff in portions. Ainsworth is everything I want the manager of my football club to be. Passionate. Animated and most importantly looks like he gives a shît! I hope they get the big awayday today's performance deserves.

Boy, how I wished we had someone like Ainsworth in charge, DW and his style of play and tactics are so boring / negative, please walk now Danny and take Morgan with you.
lindave

#8 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:21 PM

View Postlindave, on 03 December 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

Boy, how I wished we had someone like Ainsworth in charge, DW and his style of play and tactics are so boring / negative, please walk now Danny and take Morgan with you.

Sat in the West stand today, and I know that you can only do such and such with the so and so you are given, but you can't convince me that the demeanour of Ainsworth compared to the demeanour of Wilson, is worth a half yard all over the pitch. Like most things at our club now....it's shambolic.
East stand second class citizen.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users