Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: A Massive Well Done For Danny, - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Massive Well Done For Danny,

#21 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:01 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 03 December 2016 - 05:17 PM, said:

I'm sure I haven't enjoyed that any more than you, but really, honestly, do you see a different manager getting anything more out of what we have available?
I suppose they could start with kicking O'Neil out that would definitely be progress

Don't know why you respond to such immature reasoning.
God I hate this league.

#22 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:11 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 03 December 2016 - 07:20 PM, said:

I wasn't there today but it's been clear from day one that O'neil is a nothing player. Even Dimaio would have been a better partner for Nolan. Not trying to single out O'neil for the blame today just a general observation. We need one if not 2 new CMs plus the unfit back fit.

Of all the players out there today only Donohue looked up for it to me. He made some good runs and played some decent passes about.

Other than Dion from shocking goalkeeping through awful defending to a non-existent midfield onto front players that never had the beating of a man we were as bad as it is possible to get.

Yet, at 2-0 down we might just have been getting more into the game then Nolan recklessly got himself sent off, Morsy style, and the game was totally lost.

I'd like to say the game was lost in midfield but it wasn't - it was lost all over the pitch - but I would seriously be looking at a way to bring young Dion into CM as I cannot see how he could perform any worse than Liddle, Dimiao, Nolan or O'Neil who have all had their chances there.

#23 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:22 PM

Maybe we are just reshuffling a poor hand but I agree about DD. Try him there at Rochdale and play mcguire

#24 User is offline   Somerset Spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:24 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 03 December 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

What kind of dreamworld are those at the club living in? A one off? What?

As for carson's 'apologies' tweet, well how's about an apologies tweet for the complete cluster **** that is the last 18 months?

Amen brother. Amen.
Riding the blue & white roller-coaster since 1989

#25 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:48 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 03 December 2016 - 06:56 PM, said:

Of course it will.
Any manager that stands on the side of a pitch arms crossed with no emotion showing whatsoever that doesn't shout, gee up or applaud his players is never going to be able to raise his players game for a match. Do you think that before a match he jumps about in the changing room, building up his team ready to go out on that pitch willing to fight for the team and then stands on the side of the pitch looking like he has lost the plot?
It's not going to get any reaction from anybody by just standing there.
The proof is in the pudding here. Gareth Ainsworth was with his players every pass, shot of that match and that team on our pitch that was supposedly a league lower than us took us apart as and when they wanted. Yes, it might have been their performance of the season so far but that team were gee'd up by a passionate manager and it showed on that pitch. Bury your head about Danny's shortcomings all you want but he is so lacklustre in that technical area he's never ever going to instill that fire in the belly of any player.

I'm not burying my head, I'm well aware that Danny has his limitations.
Displaying passion is an arguable strength of a decent manager, but if our players actually need a man standing on the sidelines, shouting, waving his arms and kicking every ball with them in order to get them to grow a pair and show a bit of fight against a bang average side from the next league down, then we must have some of the most pathetic wasters in professional football on our books.
That's pretty much the same team that played in our previous two victories so are you really suggesting that Wilson not showing passion has caused today's showing?
Wilson has his faults I'll grant you that, but regardless of a managers style the very least I expect from a team is to turn up and look like you give a crap, we had some players out there who seemed to show a distinct lack of professional pride.
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#26 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:54 PM

View Postfiredodger, on 03 December 2016 - 08:48 PM, said:

Displaying passion is an arguable strength of a decent manager, but if our players actually need a man standing on the sidelines, shouting, waving his arms and kicking every ball with them in order to get them to grow a pair and show a bit of fight against a bang average side from the next league down, then we must have some of the most pathetic wasters in professional football on our books.
That's pretty much the same team that played in our previous two victories so are you really suggesting that Wilson not showing passion has caused today's showing?
Wilson has his faults I'll grant you that, but regardless of a managers style the very least I expect from a team is to turn up and look like you give a crap, we had some players out there who seemed to show a distinct lack of professional pride.

Who were the ones lacking pride ..or if easier the ones showing it

#27 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:11 PM

View Postdtp, on 03 December 2016 - 08:11 PM, said:

Of all the players out there today only Donohue looked up for it to me. He made some good runs and played some decent passes about.

Other than Dion from shocking goalkeeping through awful defending to a non-existent midfield onto front players that never had the beating of a man we were as bad as it is possible to get.

Yet, at 2-0 down we might just have been getting more into the game then Nolan recklessly got himself sent off, Morsy style, and the game was totally lost.

I'd like to say the game was lost in midfield but it wasn't - it was lost all over the pitch - but I would seriously be looking at a way to bring young Dion into CM as I cannot see how he could perform any worse than Liddle, Dimiao, Nolan or O'Neil who have all had their chances there.

I said same me sen.

O'Neil's performance today was grim. An all time bad display. I felt a bit sorry for Fulton who admittedly made a balls up but until then had done well. Also, I know Ainsworth is a showman, but he made the same impression on me as PC made when he came with Accrington. His players are all middleweight boxers, full of commitment, and they know their jobs . We could do a lot worse.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#28 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:14 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 03 December 2016 - 05:13 PM, said:

90 mins of the mannquin challenge, that must be a record...

Good of the team to join in too

Ainsworth was brilliant on the touchline for 90 mins, he never stood still and looked as though he was playing every minute of the game. As usual Wison and Morgan stood there like stuffed dummies.
lindave

#29 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:18 PM

You say that we have "pathetic wasters " on the pitch.
But if the players are playing a restricted role because the manager is giving them a restrictive job to do then how can you ignore that the manager is too cautious in his approach. Today he was out thought by a young manager who (in reality) would have a budget less than ours. He got out thought by an assistant manager at Accrington earlier in the season. His tactics are too easy to play against. Fair enough, he won his last two matches but both matches were hung on to for dear life because we sit back when we go ahead. I now know why the first two rows of the stands are clear because our defence is so deep they sit in them seats.
Wilson doesn't just have limitations. Wilson's ideas are antiquated and he is now too easy to play against. All that aswell as standing like he wants to be somewhere else adds upto a manager who's best days are behind him.
It's time to go.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#30 User is offline   Toddhopper. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:02 AM

Danny isn't covering himself in glory at the moment but mostly the problem is too many light weight ineffectual players, some of which he signed. Donohue, O'Neil, Liddle, Mitchell, Anderson & Fulton are not showing enough to suggest they should be playing at this level. Several others like Beesley, Dimiao, Simons etc have had less chances but from the little we've seen there's nothing to suggest any of them will ever be able to influence a game to any great degree. We need to offload almost the entire squad in my view & start from scratch. I accept that some of the players out injured would improve us greatly but will they come back as good as they were?

#31 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:43 AM

That was a totally unprofessional and amateurish performance yesterday. Wilson's comments after the game should resonate loudly for the next 4 weeks. Let's see what happens.

This post has been edited by Elton John 1866: 04 December 2016 - 11:43 AM

#32 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:48 AM

View PostToddhopper., on 04 December 2016 - 11:02 AM, said:

Danny isn't covering himself in glory at the moment but mostly the problem is too many light weight ineffectual players, some of which he signed. Donohue, O'Neil, Liddle, Mitchell, Anderson & Fulton are not showing enough to suggest they should be playing at this level. Several others like Beesley, Dimiao, Simons etc have had less chances but from the little we've seen there's nothing to suggest any of them will ever be able to influence a game to any great degree. We need to offload almost the entire squad in my view & start from scratch. I accept that some of the players out injured would improve us greatly but will they come back as good as they were?

Anderson is a shadow of himself. Looks unfit. I'd take Wilkinson, mcGinn, Jones, Donahue, Hird, Aryibi, Mitchell and maybe Dimeo and Dennis - as people need to realise he's still a young lad. The rest need moving on.

#33 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:58 PM

View PostToddhopper., on 04 December 2016 - 11:02 AM, said:

Great post spot on assessment.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users