Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Close The Club Down - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Close The Club Down

#21 User is offline   BeastMode 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:CFC, WWE, Tunes n Beer

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

How this idiot hasn't been punched in the face a million times is beyond me, he does nothing but try and wind folk up, we're all hurting enough, without an alleged 'fan' spouting the same bollox every week
"There is but a plank between a Sailor and eternity"

#22 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:57 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 03 December 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

But that's the point, yes he's a pain at times with the multi threads, his call today was spot on. Take away the glibness and wind up slant of some of his posts the rhetoric is right. I went down to the club Thursday to buy tickets for the game and had a walk round to the memorial garden and general meander around our ground, and looking back to what's happened these last 18 months you really have to ask yourself "how the hell as it come to this". Serious, serious issues and players at work that totally demean the football club. It's disgusting, it really is.

If you mean his call to Peak then I agree - a passionate and accurate account of a truly pathetic performance and the limitations of the players disgracing the shirt, the football club and the town. He was spot on and he cares all right !

This post has been edited by boot: 03 December 2016 - 10:01 PM

#23 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:59 PM

View Postboot, on 03 December 2016 - 09:57 PM, said:

If you mean his call to Radio Sheffield then I agree - a passionate and accurate account of a truly pathetic performance and the limitations of the players disgracing the shirt, the football club and the town. He was spot on and he cares all right !

I meant Peak mate.
East stand second class citizen.

#24 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:01 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 03 December 2016 - 09:59 PM, said:

I meant Peak mate.

Sorry mate I meant Peak as well. I will edit.

#25 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:02 PM

View PostBeastMode, on 03 December 2016 - 09:56 PM, said:

How this idiot hasn't been punched in the face a million times is beyond me, he does nothing but try and wind folk up, we're all hurting enough, without an alleged 'fan' spouting the same bollox every week

i assume most people take pity on him for having unfortunately inherited such a horrifically bad voice. that nasally whinge is enough to make anyone run a mile

#26 User is offline   boot 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:11 PM

View PostGoku, on 03 December 2016 - 10:02 PM, said:

i assume most people take pity on him for having unfortunately inherited such a horrifically bad voice. that nasally whinge is enough to make anyone run a mile

Never mind the quality feel the width - he said what needed to be said today - if you went, and listened, you might agree ?

#27 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:18 PM

View PostBeastMode, on 03 December 2016 - 09:56 PM, said:

He''s 6 ft 2 inches for a start and a black belt.
God I hate this league.

#28 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:21 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 03 December 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

Don't do you a lot of good if you get hit with a shovel

#29 User is offline   BeastMode 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC, WWE, Tunes n Beer

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:30 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 03 December 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

Also we all know he isn't lol
"There is but a plank between a Sailor and eternity"

#30 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:34 PM

Steady with the references to violence chaps, could be interpreted as inciting this

#31 User is offline   Jud 

• One Club Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:41 PM

I appreciate that folk who know him will rightly want to defend Walton. And I certainly don't wish him ill. But he's not an oracle and regardless of how much he cares his posts are designed to wind up fellow fans who already at the end of their tethers. He belongs under a bridge.
"Tha'd have known if l'd got hold o' thee...."

#32 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:19 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 03 December 2016 - 05:04 PM, said:

Lets start again.

That's the problem with our modern day society.
We live in a "throw it away" mentality. The fridge, the washer, the cooker, the boiler or even the car packs up we get shut and start again.
I worked in a house once, the customer went out one night and their cylinder leaked. Took out his ceiling in his kitchen and lounge. Had to move into a hotel while the insurance company repaired his damage. One weekend along came the frost, froze his pipes in his loft and split his pipe. Down came his bedroom, dining, lounge, kitchen ceilings along with the plaster in his bedroom, dining, lounge and kitchen walls. It damaged the bricks. It damaged the floorboards. It damaged the joists and flooded his cellar.
The insurance company wanted to write his house off........ :huh:
How can you write a house off??? In the end after a two month battle the insurance company repaired his house.
My point is that it is too fu**in easy to chuck things in and start again. But where's the pride? In 2000 our club was dead on its feet but our supporters stopped it from going under and I am so proud to say that I stood shoulder to shoulder with strangers to save my club.
Let's not chuck it away, let's fight for our club. Let's make our 150yrs another milestone in our illustrious history. Let's not be di**heads and throw in the towel at the first point of real hardship.

This post has been edited by metallilad: 03 December 2016 - 11:22 PM

Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#33 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:19 PM

View Postboot, on 03 December 2016 - 10:11 PM, said:

Never mind the quality feel the width - he said what needed to be said today - if you went, and listened, you might agree ?

Did he say we were rubbish? Did he describe how we were rubbish? Bet it was insightful stuff.

#34 User is offline   The Black Triangle 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:00 AM

View Postmetallilad, on 03 December 2016 - 11:19 PM, said:

That's the problem with our modern day society.
We live in a "throw it away" mentality. The fridge, the washer, the cooker, the boiler or even the car packs up we get shut and start again.
I worked in a house once, the customer went out one night and their cylinder leaked. Took out his ceiling in his kitchen and lounge. Had to move into a hotel while the insurance company repaired his damage. One weekend along came the frost, froze his pipes in his loft and split his pipe. Down came his bedroom, dining, lounge, kitchen ceilings along with the plaster in his bedroom, dining, lounge and kitchen walls. It damaged the bricks. It damaged the floorboards. It damaged the joists and flooded his cellar.
The insurance company wanted to write his house off........ :huh:
How can you write a house off??? In the end after a two month battle the insurance company repaired his house.
My point is that it is too fu**in easy to chuck things in and start again. But where's the pride? In 2000 our club was dead on its feet but our supporters stopped it from going under and I am so proud to say that I stood shoulder to shoulder with strangers to save my club.
Let's not chuck it away, let's fight for our club. Let's make our 150yrs another milestone in our illustrious history. Let's not be di**heads and throw in the towel at the first point of real hardship.

This is different to Darren Brown. A few grand raised in s pub and a few board members with a couple of hundred grand each won't be a take over for the club. It would just about be a sticking plaster over an arterial bleed.
It's either the return of DA on his terms while the famous 4 lose life savings or we go into administration and Allen buys back and has 100% shareholding and the debenture holders also lose out.
He's a ruthless business man who wants his money back at any cost.
History tradition passion etc can whistle- DA is on a mission, assisted by his Sheffield accomplices
Why did Carson say "this is the problem we have, it's difficult to get the 100% share holding because of the dilution of shares?"

#35 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:30 AM

View PostGoku, on 03 December 2016 - 11:19 PM, said:

Did he say we were rubbish? Did he describe how we were rubbish? Bet it was insightful stuff.

Did you go to the match. No didn't think so.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users