Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Ched Evans Training At Sheff Utd - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (45 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ched Evans Training At Sheff Utd

#21 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:38 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 11 November 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

How fitting that they released the news on armistice day...

I'm sure our brave lads who gave their lives a hundred years ago would be chuffed to hear they fought wars to defend our liberty......only to let rapists have a second chance to earn tens of thousands!

Well done blunts another pr triumph!!!!

what job should he be allowed to do

got convicted, served his time, now out and free to pursue his career

never mind that the conviction appears sketchy at best (i.e a girl deemed too drunk to consent was on video walking into the hotel looking fine!)

I wouldn't be surprised if the conviction is over turned in the long run, but that is by the by

If convicted criminals at the end of their jail time are not allowed to go back to work then what should they do? Spend the rest of their lives on the dole?

#22 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:44 PM

View PostCartman, on 11 November 2014 - 08:38 PM, said:

never mind that the conviction appears sketchy at best (i.e a girl deemed too drunk to consent was on video walking into the hotel looking fine!)

I wouldn't be surprised if the conviction is over turned in the long run, but that is by the by

If convicted criminals at the end of their jail time are not allowed to go back to work then what should they do? Spend the rest of their lives on the dole?

I'm not saying they shouldn't work but not a job where they are idolised by thousands of impressionable young kids who may grow up thinking it's ok to be a rapist and still potentially become a millionaire....

Let's leave the overturning of a conviction to legal experts and not posters on message boards though eh!

Ps: if he'd raped either of my kids I can assure you he wouldn't be worrying about whether he would play football again!
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#23 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:48 PM

I don't think Ched Evans playing football will make any young man aspire to forcefully rape females.

You're looking at it from the viewpoint of a Father with Daughters so your opinion is always going to be more harsh than someone who can look at the situation more objectively.

This post has been edited by Goku: 11 November 2014 - 08:49 PM

#24 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:54 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 11 November 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

I'm not saying they shouldn't work but not a job where they are idolised by thousands of impressionable young kids who may grow up thinking it's ok to be a rapist and still potentially become a millionaire....

Let's leave the overturning of a conviction to legal experts and not posters on message boards though eh!

Ps: if he'd raped either of my kids I can assure you he wouldn't be worrying about whether he would play football again!

agree with 2nd point

#25 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:55 PM

View PostGoku, on 11 November 2014 - 08:48 PM, said:

I don't think Ched Evans playing football will make any young man aspire to forcefully rape females.

You're looking at it from the viewpoint of a Father with Daughters so your opinion is always going to be more harsh than someone who can look at the situation more objectively.

Well that and the fact I f.u.c.k.I.n.g hate sheff utd and anything to do with them....
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#26 Guest_NOKIN_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:03 PM

View PostCartman, on 11 November 2014 - 08:38 PM, said:

So if he was a doctor you'd be ok with him resuming his career? If he was a copper or a teacher you'd be ok with that?

Like it or lump it as a professional footballer he has a moral responsibility to behave himself and not rape women which he did as proved in a court of law. If that ruling is overturned in the future then so be it but like me you have absolutely no idea if he will be cleared or not.

#27 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:16 PM

or you are looking at from a viewpoint without responsibilities and a lesser awareness of some actions, while he is looking at it more objectively?
A new hope.

#28 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:55 PM

View PostNOKIN, on 11 November 2014 - 11:03 PM, said:

So if he was a doctor you'd be ok with him resuming his career? If he was a copper or a teacher you'd be ok with that?

Like it or lump it as a professional footballer he has a moral responsibility to behave himself and not rape women which he did as proved in a court of law. If that ruling is overturned in the future then so be it but like me you have absolutely no idea if he will be cleared or not.

doctor and policemen are jobs that require trust and someone who does not have a criminal record due to the nature of the job

professional footballer is not such a job

everyone has a moral responsibility to behave themselves, brickies, joiners, delivery drivers - but ex cons must be allowed to work or what is the point of letting them out

too much is made of the role model thing about footballers, Lee Hughes and Ross McCormack have both resumed their football careers so no reason Evans shouldn't

#29 User is offline   BurySpireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:House, CFC & Reddit.

Newcastle based doc

RIP Bury FC + Barry Chuckle

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:20 AM

View PostMiddle East, on 11 November 2014 - 08:08 PM, said:

No wage cap just a pair of scissors as far as I am concerned. I am very sorry to have upset your sensibilities over a convicted rapist....

Hardly 'upset my sensibilities', I just think your comment was off the mark. And would he be allowed to play professional football if you gave him the ol' snip in this system of yours? You don't seem capable of having a serious discussion on the subject (unless you would seriously advocate the castration of sexual offenders).

Top and bottom of it is, I don't like Ched and I don't like what he's done - furthermore, I despise Shef U even more for taking him back (assuming they will).
But the alternative solutions I've heard don't seem to be ideal, how does preventing him from working help the situation?
I just don't know what I'm supposed to be

#30 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:12 AM

I have a daughter but I also agree with you. It's quite bizarre to imagine young football fans sat there thinking "hmm I know I'll go and rape someone and then become a famous footballer". There may be the odd deranged one out there but really?

#31 User is offline   sewey89 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:18 AM

View PostCartman, on 11 November 2014 - 11:55 PM, said:

doctor and policemen are jobs that require trust and someone who does not have a criminal record due to the nature of the job

professional footballer is not such a job

everyone has a moral responsibility to behave themselves, brickies, joiners, delivery drivers - but ex cons must be allowed to work or what is the point of letting them out

too much is made of the role model thing about footballers, Lee Hughes and Ross McCormack have both resumed their football careers so no reason Evans shouldn't

I know captaining Leeds is frowned upon, but I dont think its quite gone as far as being considered a criminal act, has it? :ninja: :blink:

#32 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:54 AM

View PostMiddle East, on 11 November 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

Well done blunts another pr triumph!!!!

It's madness to say 'owt before the result of the appeal process is known. The Blunts have been very cute. If the appeal fails they won't offer him a contract. If it succeeds then they and he will get the sympathy vote and he'll be up to match fitness.

I understand Harry Roberts will be joining them for training this morning. They need another old fashioned CH.

This post has been edited by dim view: 12 November 2014 - 08:00 AM

Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#33 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:00 AM

View Postdim view, on 12 November 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

It's madness to say 'owt before the result of the appeal process is known. The Blunts have been very cute. If the appeal fails they won't offer him a contract. If it succeeds then they and he will get the sympathy vote and he'll be up to match fitness.

I doubt any rehiring of him hinges on a successful appeal.

#34 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:04 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 12 November 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

I doubt any rehiring of him hinges on a successful appeal.

If the appeal succeeds, then he'll be just the same as tens of thousands of pro footballers who have indulged in casual consensual sex. He's appealing against his conviction, not his sentence. He won't be a convicted rapist any longer.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#35 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:05 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 11 November 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:

or you are looking at from a viewpoint without responsibilities and a lesser awareness of some actions, while he is looking at it more objectively?

I highly doubt it, no. What "lesser awareness of some actions" come into play here? I dont want to see women raped as much as you don't, ive got a mother a missus and close female friends but im pretty confident that ched evans isnt inspiring young football fans to go out and commit rape nor will he do it again, if you think middle east suggesting that ched has his genitals removed via scissors is, ahem, "more objective" than what im saying then I would suggest that you have another think.

What cartman is saying is spot on

This post has been edited by Goku: 12 November 2014 - 08:32 AM

#36 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:31 AM

View Postdim view, on 12 November 2014 - 08:04 AM, said:

If the appeal succeeds, then he'll be just the same as tens of thousands of pro footballers who have indulged in casual consensual sex. He's appealing against his conviction, not his sentence. He won't be a convicted rapist any longer.

Evans was refused leave to appeal against the conviction this decision was upheld by the Court of Appeal in London. There is no further appeal allowed.

The referral to the Criminal Cases Review Commission will claim a miscarriage of justice. There will usually have to been identified some new evidence or new legal argument that makes the case look significantly different.
Peter Whiteley

#37 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:45 AM

Evans was in a high profile position & let his ego get the best of him...he did something wrong & he should deal with the consequences. He is in the public eye all the time because of his career..wherever he goes he will tarnish the reputation & integrity of the club/company he works for.
I'm afraid if you commit a terrible crime...you have to deal with it for the rest of your life...i have no sympathy for him whatsover.
He is making it worse by not even considering the victim & the victims family & friends - not one effort of remorse has exited his mouth & thats what is the shameful thing about it.

#38 User is offline   Spire-ite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:54 AM

All I can say is, go on Ched Evans's website.
Read, and watch the clips, then make your minds up.

#39 User is offline   Stents 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:00 AM

View PostSpire-ite, on 12 November 2014 - 08:54 AM, said:

All I can say is, go on Ched Evans's website.
Read, and watch the clips, then make your minds up.

Because the "Facts" on his own website are completely unbiased?...

#40 User is offline   Spire-ite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:13 AM

View PostStents, on 12 November 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

Because the "Facts" on his own website are completely unbiased?...

They were allegedly the same "facts" used against his mate, who walked away.

Share this topic:

• (45 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users