Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Rangers Takeover Falls Through - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rangers Takeover Falls Through

#41 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

I don't know if you've noticed the words 'Chesterfield', 'Football', and 'Club' occasionally dotted around this forum, 'Heisenberg', but most folk take that as a bit of a clue to the team we discuss on here.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#42 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 08 May 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

I don't know if you've noticed the words 'Chesterfield', 'Football', and 'Club' occasionally dotted around this forum, 'Heisenberg', but most folk take that as a bit of a clue to the team we discuss on here.

in fairness it is also general football matters to.

#43 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 08 May 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

youve not seen much scottish football lately then. celtic would be far from certain of going through the championship at the first couple of times of asking.
scottish club football just isnt very good.

I have and it is poor, but that is a daft thing to say. If you transplanted them overnight into the Championship with their current staff they may struggle but that is not what we are talking about

Lets face they truly are a massive club, currently a Coy Carp in a goldfish bowl.

Bigger than Rangers and bigger than most in the premiership and once in the English leagues would attract big names in whatever division.

I bet they would get 40000/45000 minimum in the 2nd division for starters, probably more
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#44 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

Blimey - thought this was a AFC Rotherham message board given some of the recent threads

#45 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

View Postazul, on 08 May 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

I have and it is poor, but that is a daft thing to say. If you transplanted them overnight into the Championship with their current staff they may struggle but that is not what we are talking about

Lets face they truly are a massive club, currently a Coy Carp in a goldfish bowl.

Bigger than Rangers and bigger than most in the premiership and once in the English leagues would attract big names in whatever division.

I bet they would get 40000/45000 minimum in the 2nd division for starters, probably more

why so? they cant attract really big names now with guaranteed european football & virtually guaranteed trophies every season. why would big names queue up to play for them in leagues 1 & 2, the championship & id hazard the premiership?

#46 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 08 May 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

think youre being harsh on derby.

You're probably right. I'll downgrade them to Bristol City.

#47 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:46 PM

#48 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

View Postnecronomicon ex mortis, on 08 May 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

How so?

Money. Pure and simple.

Celtic are big business, regardless of how good you think the team may or may not be. Imagine all the massive matches in the FA Cup, League Cup and Premier League when Celtic eventually made it to the top flight.

#49 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

View PostHeisenberg, on 08 May 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

Money. Pure and simple.

Celtic are big business, regardless of how good you think the team may or may not be. Imagine all the massive matches in the FA Cup, League Cup and Premier League when Celtic eventually made it to the top flight.

It's not going to happen anyway.

#50 User is offline   Jud 

• One Club Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

View PostHeisenberg, on 08 May 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

:blush: :lol:

View PostHeisenberg, on 08 May 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

Money. Pure and simple.

Tell you what though man, as much as I have a soft spot for Celtic, it stems more from my dislike of Rangers than it does an attachment to Celtic :lol: I would imagine that a game against Celtic would be a pretty intense experience...might not be too keen on them after a league match at the B2Net haha.

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 08 May 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

It's not going to happen anyway.

To be honest, I'd hope not. I dont like change, it confuses me :blush: :D
"Tha'd have known if l'd got hold o' thee...."

#51 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 08 May 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

why so? they cant attract really big names now with guaranteed european football & virtually guaranteed trophies every season. why would big names queue up to play for them in leagues 1 & 2, the championship & id hazard the premiership?

Playing opposition like Dunfermline, smaller than most 2nd Div clubs and of course next season The Giants of the North" Ross County:rolleyes: really attractive to big names players?

They would attract "big name" players that would get them out the bottom two divisions blindfold. They would absolutely dwarf the likes of the Bowls and at the end of the day they bought their way out of the 1st.

I am really surprised you are arguing this way, money talks and by the time they get to the Championship they would start attracting premierships players.

#52 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

View Postazul, on 08 May 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

Playing opposition like Dunfermline, smaller than most 2nd Div clubs and of course next season The Giants of the North" Ross County:rolleyes: really attractive to big names players?

They would attract "big name" players that would get them out the bottom two divisions blindfold. They would absolutely dwarf the likes of the Bowls and at the end of the day they bought their way out of the 1st.

I am really surprised you are arguing this way, money talks and by the time they get to the Championship they would start attracting premierships players.

if money talked that much theyd have top players playing for them in the spl: big money, trophies, european football.
theyd waltz through the bottom 2 divisions but i think theyd struggle getting out of the championship within 3 seasons & at prem level they would be also rans.

#53 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostColoquix, on 08 May 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

Tell you what though man, as much as I have a soft spot for Celtic, it stems more from my dislike of Rangers than it does an attachment to Celtic :lol: I would imagine that a game against Celtic would be a pretty intense experience...might not be too keen on them after a league match at the B2Net haha.

It would be amazing, but yeah man, I know what you mean, I'm a big admirer of Celtic but the Spireites are always Number 1 in my life. Could we get a pre-season friendly against them instead?... :)

#54 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 08 May 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

i think theyd struggle getting out of the championship within 3 seasons & at prem level they would be also rans.

Like Newcastle were expected to be also-rans this season? Yes the Premier League is the toughest league in the world, but Celtic would be better suited to succeed in it than, say, Sunderland or West Brom. You just are judging Celtic on the type of team they are now, dominating a league with the sort of teams even we could beat week in, week out.

#55 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 08 May 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

if money talked that much theyd have top players playing for them in the spl: big money, trophies, european football.
theyd waltz through the bottom 2 divisions but i think theyd struggle getting out of the championship within 3 seasons & at prem level they would be also rans.

well I don't, but as someone said earlier its not likely to happen so we'll never know

This post has been edited by azul: 08 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

#56 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

View Postazul, on 08 May 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

well I don't

well ner-ner-ne-ner-ner ;)

#57 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

View PostHeisenberg, on 08 May 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

It would be amazing, but yeah man, I know what you mean, I'm a big admirer of Celtic but the Spireites are always Number 1 in my life. Could we get a pre-season friendly against them instead?... :)

Of course you admire Celtic, you alter ego carlseberg is a Liverpool fan and they are the city equivilant in Liverpool just like everton have a rangers affinity ... Strange to say the least!
East stand second class citizen.

#58 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 08 May 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

Of course you admire Celtic, you alter ego carlseberg is a Liverpool fan and they are the city equivilant in Liverpool just like everton have a rangers affinity ... Strange to say the least!

1. Carlsberg is not my alter-ego, he is a different person.

2. Carlsberg isn't a Liverpool fan, in fact I'd say I have more of an affection for them than he does

3. Stop it!

#59 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostHeisenberg, on 08 May 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

1. Carlsberg is not my alter-ego, he is a different person.

2. Carlsberg isn't a Liverpool fan, in fact I'd say I have more of an affection for them than he does

3. Stop it!

1. He is
2. He is
3. Yes you need to stop it!!
East stand second class citizen.

#60 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

View Postmr. smith, on 08 May 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

in fairness it is also general football matters to.

That's perfectly true, but most messageboard members offer at least an occasional appraisal of events CFC.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users