Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Ashley Carson Tweet - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ashley Carson Tweet re: new signing(s)

#121 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:30 PM

View Poststarsky72, on 06 July 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

I really don't understand this current trend of ending sentences with "just saying"

A good way of stressing that you are just reporting facts, not to read anything deeper into it, don't shoot the messenger etc.

IMO.

#122 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:31 PM

View Postbrianclose, on 06 July 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

A good way of stressing that you are just reporting facts, not to read anything deeper into it, don't shoot the messenger etc.

IMO.

Thankyou...

#123 User is offline   starsky72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:37 PM

Perhaps, but that's normally pretty clear from what the persons said without the addition of "just saying". I guess I've seen it used where people try and repeat something controversial that they'd normally not normally have the balls to say and use that as some sort of a caveat to stop anyone coming back at them. (Not applicable in this case I know, just explaining why it's irksome)

Anyway.... Ryan Edwards, looks like he could be a useful addition if the rumour has any truth to it.

#124 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:42 PM

View Poststarsky72, on 06 July 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

Perhaps, but that's normally pretty clear from what the persons said without the addition of "just saying". I guess I've seen it used where people try and repeat something controversial that they'd normally not normally have the balls to say and use that as some sort of a caveat to stop anyone coming back at them. (Not applicable in this case I know, just explaining why it's irksome)

Anyway.... Ryan Edwards, looks like he could be a useful addition if the rumour has any truth to it.

Small (5ft 7ins). Young player, attacking mid. Not sure how reliable soccerbase is, they got Jimmy Ryan at 5ft 11 !

This post has been edited by Spire-Power: 06 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

#125 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:49 PM

View PostDema Reborn, on 06 July 2015 - 01:05 PM, said:

Just read a post on facebook saying we have signed a midfielder Ryan Edwards from Reading but not been announced yet,whether it's true i don't know....

Not to be confused with the Ryan Edwards we had on loan from Blackburn

#126 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:35 PM

View PostTyrion, on 06 July 2015 - 01:06 PM, said:

Like Ollie Banks?

Not good enough
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#127 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:11 PM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 06 July 2015 - 02:35 PM, said:

Not good enough

ok Sir Alex
God I hate this league.

#128 Guest_NOKIN_*

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:25 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 06 July 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

He needs to hit the ground running otherwise his honeymoon period will very short indeed

Why?

#129 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:37 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 06 July 2015 - 01:20 PM, said:

A 5ft 7 midfielder? The Jimmy replacement may be more like him than we expected.

View PostSpire-Power, on 06 July 2015 - 01:42 PM, said:

Small (5ft 7ins). Young player, attacking mid. Not sure how reliable soccerbase is, they got Jimmy Ryan at 5ft 11 !

This lad is a brother of Dopey and Bashful if they overestimate to that level.

#130 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:12 PM

View Posth again, on 05 July 2015 - 08:22 PM, said:

Because you can't learn anything from an interview that you wouldn't learn much better from personal contacts in the game, the bloke's record and talking off the record to people who've worked with him at Wolves, Donny, etc.
Football's a small village. The strengths and weaknesses of people who've been around it for years are common knowledge.

Didn't Allen say he decided to appoint Saunders after an hour or so talking to him post Crawley? And you speak of certain information being "common knowledge", but aren't you the one who constantly insists that's not the case?

View PostNOKIN, on 06 July 2015 - 07:04 AM, said:

I'm surprised that people expect Saunders to pick up where Cook left off. For him to carry on in the same vein. The same who were happy to give Cook a season or "10 games in" before they judged.

Saunders' appointment and tenure is going to be so different from what Sherridan and Cook enjoyed. He will more than likely have a lot less money to spend and he won't have anywhere near the support of the fan base if this message board is used as an indication.

He is going to have a very tough season I reckon and he won't be cut any slack by those wanting him to fail so they can be proved right.

Dunno about others but I've made it clear I mean the style of football, Jonesy, the entertainment Allen's demanded since taking over. What's more every manager endures early doubts and questions - infact I seem to remember one or two of the 'Thou Shalt Not Criticise' lobby hurling some pretty tasty stuff at Sheridan after his first season! Less money? Well 'Teflon' has said otherwise, yet I guess you're not the only one doubting his word. Support of the fanbase? Folk hoping he fails (honestly? Really? Come on Mark...)? As Cloughie said to McFarland on his first morning in management: 'It's all about results'.

View PostXerxes, on 06 July 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

I'd like to believe you but....

...but what?

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 06 July 2015 - 06:13 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#131 User is online   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:19 PM

of course no one wants Saunders to fail

however there will be some crowing and a lot of I told you so nonsense if he does

difficult to form any opinion without seeing a game under the new gaffer and before our summers business is done, we are one or two departures away from having a pretty poor L1 squad but on the other hand we are one or two additions away from having a pretty decent one

#132 User is offline   Younger 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything blue

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:46 PM

Ryan edwards comments last year by Niger Atkins:

Reading boss hails 'phenomenal' Edwards

Reading boss Nigel Adkins has labelled the club’s in-form Australian attacking midfielder Ryan Edwards as "phenomenal" after an exceptional pre-season start.
Edwards, 20, impressed in all three of Reading’s pre-season games so far, scoring the winner in the 1-0 triumph over Exeter earlier this month and providing assists in their past two matches.
The Sydney-born talent returned to the Madejski Stadium after spending last term on loan at Perth Glory.
Edwards’ impressive form appears now to have shot him into first-team calculations with the Royals ahead of their Championship opener against Wigan on August 9, following glowing comments from Adkins.
“From day one when we did the fitness tests, we saw him and thought we’ve got a player here who can run all day long,” the ex-Southampton boss told Get Reading.
“Then when you see him on the pitch, his movement is phenomenal.
“He’s always showing for the ball, always looking to get into space and get between the lines.
“He’s got a penetrating pass on him as well.”
Adkins’ praise of the Edwards didn’t stop there, claiming the Australian youth international is growing in confidence.
"Ryan has been really impressive since he came back from a loan period last season,” Adkins told the Reading website.
"He's got a desire to get into goalscoring positions, to break from midfield and he works ever so hard, he's growing in confidence."
The praise comes only days after Edwards told Get Reading that he felt his one-year loan stint at Glory had made him a better player.
Edwards made 15 appearances for Perth in 2013-14, but was caught up in the middle of a player revolt amid claims of nepotism which led to the dismissal of his father, Alistair, as coach in December.
“This is my fourth year at Reading,” Edwards said. “The first two I came through the reserves and got used to the English type of football.
“Then going back to Australia was really good for me, to get experience and be treated as a first-team player.
“That’s definitely made a real difference since coming back here. I feel really amongst it now with the first-team boys. I feel a real part of it.”
Never put a Scab in your mouth, Its just dirty

#133 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:00 PM

^^he'll wind up at sheff u now
Here we go again!

#134 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

View PostCartman, on 06 July 2015 - 06:19 PM, said:

difficult to form any opinion without seeing a game under the new gaffer and before our summers business is done, we are one or two departures away from having a pretty poor L1 squad but on the other hand we are one or two additions away from having a pretty decent one

That's where I'm at as well.
#notapennymore

#135 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:10 PM

View Poststarsky72, on 06 July 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

Sorry if it's been mentioned, I've not been keeping up to date with everything, but where has this one come from?
He sounds like exactly the sort of midfielder we've needed for many season (one that's going to actually get into the oppositions box).

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 06 July 2015 - 08:11 PM

#notapennymore

#136 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:49 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 06 July 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

Didn't Allen say he decided to appoint Saunders after an hour or so talking to him post Crawley? And you speak of certain information being "common knowledge", but aren't you the one who constantly insists that's not the case?

Dunno about others but I've made it clear I mean the style of football, Jonesy, the entertainment Allen's demanded since taking over. What's more every manager endures early doubts and questions - infact I seem to remember one or two of the 'Thou Shalt Not Criticise' lobby hurling some pretty tasty stuff at Sheridan after his first season! Less money? Well 'Teflon' has said otherwise, yet I guess you're not the only one doubting his word. Support of the fanbase? Folk hoping he fails (honestly? Really? Come on Mark...)? As Cloughie said to McFarland on his first morning in management: 'It's all about results'.

...but what?

No. You need to differentiate between 'common knowledge' based on known facts, and rumour based on somebody's desperate need to make a name for themselves

#137 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:15 PM

View Posth again, on 06 July 2015 - 08:49 PM, said:

No. You need to differentiate between 'common knowledge' based on known facts, and rumour based on somebody's desperate need to make a name for themselves

Ah, gotcha.

So a "known fact" is Dave Allen saying he chose Saunders because of their extended conversation post Crawley, whilst a "rumour based on somebody's desperate need to make a name for themselves" is you suggesting it was due to some mysterious "common knowledge" that's really anything but.

Cheers, 'h'.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 06 July 2015 - 09:29 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#138 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:14 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 06 July 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

I'd hope Deano would be a real long term manager for us.

I hope there really aren't any fans who are wanting him to fail are there?

anyone who wants to see dean fail is not a fan of cfc, simple as that, I hope he becomes our most successful manager. Paul Cook has gone, saunders is here.

#139 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:09 AM

View PostNOKIN, on 06 July 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

Why?

For the reasons you stated
A new hope.

#140 Guest_NOKIN_*

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:35 AM