Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Women's World Cup. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Women's World Cup. England.

#41 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 16 June 2015 - 01:34 PM, said:

Over the years I've watched it, and it's still garbage....remember, this is International level; I've seen nine year olds with similar positional sense, welly it anywhere type stuff...

I heard many times that Fara Williams was 'world class'...it obviously doesn't take much to reach that pinnacle!

I don't believe a single English, top flight, women's team, would beat any Rhyman League outfit EVER! But I'd watch it :rolleyes:

You watch legue 1/2 football?
Why / you may as well watch Barcelona

#42 User is offline   stevie_b 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

View PostThe Peoples Champion, on 15 June 2015 - 07:29 PM, said:

What a lovely response darling xx

Kettle on sweetheart 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Well thank you. I'm a lovely person actually.

The fence in the garden needs repairing and I'd like a nice retractable washing line putting up (I can do your washing then!). When that's done I'll pop the kettle on, no worries.

C xx

#43 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:43 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 16 June 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

You watch legue 1/2 football?
Why / you may as well watch Barcelona

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I've watched many a female match; I'm not remotely sexist either, but, aside from probably four teams (USA, Sweden, Germany... Can't think of another), the majority of teams are really poor. England are really poor; in fact, they are all over the shop. Aluko is quick but loses possession so many times when in key positions.... I could go on, but, actually, I can't be bothered to justify it any further.
As for winning the World Cup, that will never happen!
They are trying to force an audience for women's football, and it just isn't there and never will be there; not because it's football played by women, but because it's simply poor football.THAT IS MY OPINION, sorry to those who find my views so offensive.

Personally, I'd be more offended by the 16 fox cubs being kept in a barn next to a local hunting establishment, in North Yorkshire.... They no nothing about it, apparently.

#44 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:56 PM

View Postcarrie69, on 16 June 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

Hmmm, I kinda don't value your opinion because frankly it's just rather nasty. Maybe a women's team wouldn't beat a lower league men's team - but that's not really about the skill level is it? It's more to do with the physical strength. All that testosterone kicking around! And there's plenty of men's football that's garbage too. F**k knows I've watched enough in my time.

The women take their football seriously, train hard and give it their all. A little bit of appreciation for their efforts would definitely not go amiss. I rather think that the Athena Swan initiative has passed you by :huh:

I so hope we go and win that World Cup because, regardless of your views on the standard of the women's game, that will put us on top of the world on 5 July.

We play Colombia tomorrow - 9pm our time. For those who can be bothered, please tune in.

C x

Nasty? Quite ridiculous.

Athena Swan...you haven't got a clue about my thoughts on equality; but i will acknowledge that it is a poor effort buy you to use equality in order to justify your point.

I don't have to appreciate anything just because it simply exists. Just because it's something involving women trying hard, does not mean it should be devoid of any criticism; they get paid to play and have access to decent facilities and high level sports science.

#45 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:15 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 16 June 2015 - 05:43 PM, said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I've watched many a female match; I'm not remotely sexist either, but, aside from probably four teams (USA, Sweden, Germany... Can't think of another), the majority of teams are really poor. England are really poor; in fact, they are all over the shop. Aluko is quick but loses possession so many times when in key positions.... I could go on, but, actually, I can't be bothered to justify it any further.
As for winning the World Cup, that will never happen!
They are trying to force an audience for women's football, and it just isn't there and never will be there; not because it's football played by women, but because it's simply poor football.THAT IS MY OPINION, sorry to those who find my views so offensive.

Personally, I'd be more offended by the 16 fox cubs being kept in a barn next to a local hunting establishment, in North Yorkshire.... They no nothing about it, apparently.

The question of forcing an audience is true for any pitching really.
Is showing league 1 football forcing an audience?

Surely promoting the fastest growing part of our national game is a good thing?
There are a lot of dinosaurs who will always sneer about the standard (but I don't think a follower of league 1 or 2 football is the best judge of the beautiful game :rolleyes:

I'm doing my A Locence at present and one of the course attendees got thrown off the course for sneering and commenting on women playing football!!

#46 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:46 PM

Course you can follow lower league football and be a good judge of the game. Plenty of people will do just that and watch the bigger clubs on TV.

#47 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:52 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 16 June 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

The question of forcing an audience is true for any pitching really.
Is showing league 1 football forcing an audience?

Surely promoting the fastest growing part of our national game is a good thing?
There are a lot of dinosaurs who will always sneer about the standard (but I don't think a follower of league 1 or 2 football is the best judge of the beautiful game :rolleyes:

I'm doing my A Locence at present and one of the course attendees got thrown off the course for sneering and commenting on women playing football!!

I don't sneer at women's football. I think people are missing my point. I'm all for anyone doing anything; doesn't mean I have to say it's great when it isn't. IMO

#48 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:54 PM

View Postcarrie69, on 16 June 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

Hmmm, I kinda don't value your opinion because frankly it's just rather nasty. Maybe a women's team wouldn't beat a lower league men's team - but that's not really about the skill level is it? It's more to do with the physical strength. All that testosterone kicking around! And there's plenty of men's football that's garbage too. F**k knows I've watched enough in my time.

The women take their football seriously, train hard and give it their all. A little bit of appreciation for their efforts would definitely not go amiss. I rather think that the Athena Swan initiative has passed you by :huh:

I so hope we go and win that World Cup because, regardless of your views on the standard of the women's game, that will put us on top of the world on 5 July.

We play Colombia tomorrow - 9pm our time. For those who can be bothered, please tune in.

C x

I have to say if they are the best players the lower end of women's football must be dire. I think I'd rather have a prostrate examination by a leper and watch him walk away with nine fingers, rather than pay to watch that.

#49 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:26 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 16 June 2015 - 06:52 PM, said:

I don't sneer at women's football. I think people are missing my point. I'm all for anyone doing anything; doesn't mean I have to say it's great when it isn't. IMO

Wasn't calling you a dinosaur btw!

Agree to a point- it's just a matter of choice I guess.
I wouldn't watch Rugby Union- can't see any skill in it at all- I'm obviously wrong but I can't see anything to get excited about at all. I have been given tickets to the world cup in London but I can't think of much worse than a live game.
I did Twickenham once and left early! I know that's a minority view

This post has been edited by calvin plummers socks: 16 June 2015 - 07:29 PM

#50 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:30 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 16 June 2015 - 06:54 PM, said:

I have to say if they are the best players the lower end of women's football must be dire. I think I'd rather have a prostrate examination by a leper and watch him walk away with nine fingers, rather than pay to watch that.

They would still beat say Matlock Town.

#51 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:36 PM

carrie69 said:

1434471642[/url]' post='1123502']

C x

Years ago, in the early part of the last century and up to the 1920s women's football was very popular. Preston North End women's used to get higher gates than the men's team, so the FA banned the female sides from playing games at venues where league sides played as they felt the popularity of it was undermining the men's game!!!

I actually like watching women's football, you don't get the same level of cheating,diving and cynical tactics - and we've all watched low level blazer homes league or whoever at some point to get our football fix and enjoyed it for what it was- I look at the women's game in the same way. It's never gonna up to champions league standard but you can still enjoy a game of football.
A new hope.

#52 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 16 June 2015 - 07:36 PM, said:

Years ago, in the early part of the last century and up to the 1920s women's football was very popular. Preston North End women's used to get higher gates than the men's team, so the FA banned the female sides from playing games at venues where league sides played as they felt the popularity of it was undermining the men's game!!!

Wow that's crazy!

#53 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:23 PM

That really is one of the funniest things I've ever read!

#54 User is offline   DerbySpireite59 

• DerbySpireite57
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:42 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 16 June 2015 - 07:36 PM, said:

I actually like watching women's football, you don't get the same level of cheating,diving and cynical tactics - and we've all watched low level blazer homes league or whoever at some point to get our football fix and enjoyed it for what it was- I look at the women's game in the same way. It's never gonna up to champions league standard but you can still enjoy a game of football.

Me too. It's just another variant of the game, as is futsal and beach soccer. the sweden v nigeria match the other night was one of the most entertaining live tv games of the season imo.
"No one is 100% good, nor 100% evil"

#55 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:56 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 16 June 2015 - 08:23 PM, said:

That really is one of the funniest things I've ever read!

Very in depth and thorough. I'm impressed.

#56 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:06 PM

View PostGoku, on 16 June 2015 - 08:56 PM, said:

Very in depth and thorough. I'm impressed.

That's 'in-depth'....to be correct.

#57 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:07 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 16 June 2015 - 09:06 PM, said:

That's 'in-depth'....to be correct.

if ur expecting me 2 use propa grama/spelling on my fone m8 ur barkin up wrong tree pal

This post has been edited by Goku: 16 June 2015 - 09:07 PM

#58 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:26 PM

Fantastic
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#59 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:27 PM

Switzerland v Cameroon looks a sell out!

#60 User is offline   stevie_b 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:34 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 16 June 2015 - 05:56 PM, said:

Nasty? Quite ridiculous.

Athena Swan...you haven't got a clue about my thoughts on equality; but i will acknowledge that it is a poor effort buy you to use equality in order to justify your point.

I don't have to appreciate anything just because it simply exists. Just because it's something involving women trying hard, does not mean it should be devoid of any criticism; they get paid to play and have access to decent facilities and high level sports science.

Quite frankly I don't give a f**k about your thoughts. And who mentioned equality? You're so far behind me that equality would be like taking a 3-0 lead and then f**king it up in the second half.

Your use of Google is however impressive.

C

This post has been edited by carrie69: 16 June 2015 - 10:09 PM

Share this topic:

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users