Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Women's World Cup. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Women's World Cup. England.

#21 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:36 AM

Luvvie leftie organisation??
How so! Too many women / blacks/Asians/gays on the Beeb??
There's always Top Gear I guess....

#22 User is offline   The Peoples Champion 

• Broadswordcallingdannyboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:05 PM

View Postcarrie69, on 14 June 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

Not as poor as the men though ......

Sorry C

Please dont take it as a sexist comment

But its poor and I know England Men aint all that special but its a different planet to the Women

Of course I will be slaughtered and called a relic blah blah.

Nithing against women playing/watching/coaching but its just not a good standard.

#23 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:15 PM

View PostThe Peoples Champion, on 14 June 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

Sorry C

But its poor and I know England Men aint all that special but its a different planet to the Women

Nithing against women playing/watching/coaching but its just not a good standard.

But why compare it?
Do you watch a cop film and think "well it wasn't as good as Lethal Weapon" or compare a sitcom to Only Fools and Horses?
Do you watch the England youth teams and compare them to the men's game?
Why not just watch it for what it is?
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#24 User is offline   Barca_Blues 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:21 PM

I'm quite enjoying this world cup, suppose any football will do at the moment

#25 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:21 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 14 June 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

Probably because it is terrible
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#26 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:29 PM

But why compare it?
Do you watch a cop film and think "well it wasn't as good as Lethal Weapon" or compare a sitcom to Only Fools and Horses?

It's like people who watch Chanpions League games then go to see Town play- worlds apart of course-a sense of perspective perhaps and a bit of respect?
You don't watch Jessica Ennis and think blimey she would get merked by Ashton Easton do you?

Comparable standard is always said that a top Engkish women's team would do ok in a lower league Conf/Ryman level

This post has been edited by calvin plummers socks: 14 June 2015 - 03:30 PM

#27 User is offline   The Peoples Champion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:35 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 14 June 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

It's like people who watch Chanpions League games then go to see Town play- worlds apart of course-a sense of perspective perhaps and a bit of respect?
You don't watch Jessica Ennis and think blimey she would get merked by Ashton Easton do you?

Comparable standard is always said that a top Engkish women's team would do ok in a lower league Conf/Ryman level

Ok let me say this........

I think its crap

Its only my opinion

Calm down for christ sake

#28 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:43 PM

View PostThe Peoples Champion, on 14 June 2015 - 03:35 PM, said:

Ok let me say this........

I think its crap

Its only my opinion

Calm down for christ sake

Ok your opinion is valid but they are representing their country at something they excel in.
Don't disrespect that from your sofa :-)

#29 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:32 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 14 June 2015 - 10:14 AM, said:

What a stupid outdated comment.
I suppose only male sportspeople should be coached by men then and vice versa?
Some silly comments recently about Andy Murray being coached by Mauresmo just because she is female.

It should be the most suitable person for the job regardless of sex

Yawn, it's just an opinion, sorry if you don't think I'm entitled to one, coming from the perspective if the FA really want to promote the womens game having a woman in charge would help, nothing more to it than that

#30 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:21 PM

View Postmoondog, on 14 June 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

Yawn, it's just an opinion, sorry if you don't think I'm entitled to one, coming from the perspective if the FA really want to promote the womens game having a woman in charge would help, nothing more to it than that

Why the yawn bit? Childish

#31 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:50 AM

View PostNOKIN, on 14 June 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

He's got an outstanding track record but probably before your time so you're forgiven. He is a top dog in my book. A very big name. 👍

I know about his history but I just wouldn't have him down as that much of a big name. Mourinho, Wenger, Klopp, Guardiola, van Gaal, Conte, Enrique, I have people like that down as my big name managers. Suppose it depends how far to you wanna stretch it.

#32 User is offline   HistoricWarwick 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Anything that makes me smile.

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:12 PM

View Postmoondog, on 14 June 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

From what I have seen there are as many male as female managers at this tournament.

As an aside the teams are not as cynical although I found myself berating a diving German only to then find out she was Norwegian...

#33 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:20 PM

i can watch women's football if it's on, some are good technically but the goalkeepers are shocking

#34 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:29 PM

View PostGoku, on 15 June 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

i can watch women's football if it's on, some are good technically but the goalkeepers are shocking

Very good article (for which he got a lot of stick for) by Hugh Mcilveny recently suggesting smaller goals for the women's game.
Lots of reasons both for and against I guess.
Main one is it would be impractical at grass roots level (a bit like 9 a side pitches)!

#35 User is offline   stevie_b 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:20 PM

Sorry C

Hi TPC,

I didn't take it as a sexist comment at all. I value everyone's opinions so long as they're genuine and not malicious or spiteful.

I wouldn't stop watching Town on a Saturday to go and watch women's football. Even if Town didn't exist anymore (noooooooooo!!!), I wouldn't watch women's football every Saturday as it does lack some of the pace and, dare I say it, aggression that makes the men's game so compulsive. No, I'd just pick another team to follow. But which one? Now there's a question for another thread maybe.....,

At international level though I prefer to watch the women. It probably helps that I've travelled fairly extensively watching the girls and have chatted to them on many occasions. I guess I feel more connected somehow. I didn't bother watching the men play Slovenia because I simply wasn't bothered - beyond wanting England to win of course.

That's how it is for me but it's different strokes for different folks as the saying goes.

Sorry C

Hi TPC,

I didn't take it as a sexist comment at all. I value everyone's opinions so long as they're genuine and not malicious or spiteful.

I wouldn't stop watching Town on a Saturday to go and watch women's football. Even if Town didn't exist anymore (noooooooooo!!!), I wouldn't watch women's football every Saturday as it does lack some of the pace and, dare I say it, aggression that makes the men's game so compulsive. No, I'd just pick another team to follow. But which one? Now there's a question for another thread maybe.....,

At international level though I prefer to watch the women. It probably helps that I've travelled fairly extensively watching the girls and have chatted to them on many occasions. I guess I feel more connected somehow. I didn't bother watching the men play Slovenia because I simply wasn't bothered - beyond wanting England to win of course.

That's how it is for me but it's different strokes for different folks as the saying goes.

COME ON ENGLAND :)

C x

This post has been edited by carrie69: 15 June 2015 - 04:21 PM

#36 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:37 PM

You missed a belter Carrie, my boy Jack Wilshere making the ball do all kinda things

#37 User is offline   The Peoples Champion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:29 PM

View Postcarrie69, on 15 June 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

Hi TPC,

Hi TPC,

COME ON ENGLAND :)

C x

What a lovely response darling xx

Kettle on sweetheart 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

#38 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:14 AM

View Postlindo-spireite, on 13 June 2015 - 11:30 PM, said:

Does anybody seriously care about this non event? Bbc have tried their best to big it up, but it's truly shocking.

Football isn't exclusively a male dominated activity and should never be. I doubt very much that the multitude of female players who play the sport would appreciate your view.
It's not the standard that the men play, but they work very hard and the standard of the English game has improved a lot in the last 10yrs or so. Some of the countries that are in the tournament are quite poor, but remember the third world counties the we playing in the men's world cups forty or fifty years ago and it wasn't if we'd win it was by how many.
I feel that this sort of derogatory post about the women's game doesn't help girls and women who follow the game to take up playing and improving the women's game as a whole.
As a bloke with two girls who played for over twenty years at all levels, from under6 to senior standard in Derbyshire and Hallemshire leagues, I feel women's football should be inclusive, profesional, and respected at all levels for what it is and not as a competitor for, or compared to our own men's game.

#39 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:34 PM

But why compare it?

Over the years I've watched it, and it's still garbage....remember, this is International level; I've seen nine year olds with similar positional sense, welly it anywhere type stuff...

I heard many times that Fara Williams was 'world class'...it obviously doesn't take much to reach that pinnacle!

I don't believe a single English, top flight, women's team, would beat any Rhyman League outfit EVER! But I'd watch it :rolleyes:

#40 User is offline   stevie_b 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:20 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 16 June 2015 - 01:34 PM, said:

Over the years I've watched it, and it's still garbage....remember, this is International level; I've seen nine year olds with similar positional sense, welly it anywhere type stuff...

I heard many times that Fara Williams was 'world class'...it obviously doesn't take much to reach that pinnacle!

I don't believe a single English, top flight, women's team, would beat any Rhyman League outfit EVER! But I'd watch it :rolleyes:

Hmmm, I kinda don't value your opinion because frankly it's just rather nasty. Maybe a women's team wouldn't beat a lower league men's team - but that's not really about the skill level is it? It's more to do with the physical strength. All that testosterone kicking around! And there's plenty of men's football that's garbage too. F**k knows I've watched enough in my time.

The women take their football seriously, train hard and give it their all. A little bit of appreciation for their efforts would definitely not go amiss. I rather think that the Athena Swan initiative has passed you by :huh:

I so hope we go and win that World Cup because, regardless of your views on the standard of the women's game, that will put us on top of the world on 5 July.

We play Colombia tomorrow - 9pm our time. For those who can be bothered, please tune in.

C x

Share this topic:

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users