Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Response About Finances - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Response About Finances

#1 Guest_mikethespire_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:57 PM

I read this in the minutes of the fans forum

I have to say it terrifies me.

"The club SHOULD be in the black?"

Should? After the year we have had it better be and at this point they really should know if there is a chance it wont be.

"The debt has been reduced to some extent following the sale of Eoin Doyle."

So did the cooper sale..the 7000 home average and cup run not reduce the debt at all? If not then in an average season we can expect to have to sell 3 or 4 good players to break even?

Chris stated that financial controls are now in place in all departments. This is something which has not happened in the past.

Well that explains a lot. It is also unbelievable that a business could operate this way.

All I can say is if I went to the owner of my business and used that kind of language in a meeting I would expect to visiting the hospital afterwards to have his boot removed from my ass.

#2 Guest_mikethespire_*

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:20 PM

If you are gonna -1 something at least say which of the FACTS you don't like. Some people

This post has been edited by mikethespire: 02 March 2015 - 09:21 PM

#3 User is offline   Mr_Pleasant 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:04 PM

View Postmikethespire, on 02 March 2015 - 09:20 PM, said:

If you are gonna -1 something at least say which of the FACTS you don't like. Some people

I don't go in for all the plusses and minuses but if I did I would redress the balance for you.

I am shocked that financial controls have only just been put in place across all departments. Forget the fact that we are talking about a football club, with all the emotion etc that brings.
This is a business with a sizeable turnover. How on earth has it taken until now for that decision to be made?

#4 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:06 PM

I'd like to know what they mean by financial controls and what was happening before!

This sort of language is a lot more worrying than no mothers day meals!

#5 User is offline   BodieUK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:12 PM

View PostCartman, on 02 March 2015 - 10:06 PM, said:

I'd like to know what they mean by financial controls and what was happening before!

This sort of language is a lot more worrying than no mothers day meals!

I'd say a P&L specifically designed for that particular part of the club, every month perhaps?

Also agree that its strange that nothing was in place prior to this across all divisions of the business.

I'm no expert but surely the presence of an experienced FD would be highly beneficial to the club
Twitter: Bodie0402

#6 Guest_mikethespire_*

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:19 PM

Judging by all the reds I got there are a lot of people would rather we didn't ask questions. Sorry not gonna happen. I remember a lot of people telling me to shut up when I voiced concerns over players wages not being paid under DB. Feel free to red as much as you want.

Not one of you made a comment to explain why you disagree with what were in effect just quotes from the minutes.

#7 User is offline   BodieUK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:24 PM

View Postmikethespire, on 02 March 2015 - 10:19 PM, said:

Judging by all the reds I got there are a lot of people would rather we didn't ask questions. Sorry not gonna happen. I remember a lot of people telling me to shut up when I voiced concerns over players wages not being paid under DB. Feel free to red as much as you want.

Not one of you made a comment to explain why you disagree with what were in effect just quotes from the minutes.

Calm down Mike its only a few reds. Dished out on this forum all day every day

This post has been edited by BodieUK: 02 March 2015 - 10:27 PM

#8 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:04 AM

I would rather read positive statements about learning from mistakes rather than negative comments whingeing about what went wrong. The man who never makes a mistake never does anything. If mistakes do continue however, then they are open to deserved critisism.

#9 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:09 AM

Once people whinge about getting a red they're obviously going to get more.
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#10 User is offline   Duckys Moved 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Golf<br />Football<br />Fishing<br />Lager

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:18 AM

View Postmikethespire, on 02 March 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

Chris stated that financial controls are now in place in all departments. This is something which has not happened in the past.

Well that explains a lot. It is also unbelievable that a business could operate this way.

All I can say is if I went to the owner of my business and used that kind of language in a meeting I would expect to visiting the hospital afterwards to have his boot removed from my ass.

Well I'm shocked not!! The bloke didn't even know what the playing budget was at the start of the season. How this club is not in the black is beyond me, could a club our size be any more sucessful in the recent past and is still losing money.

#11 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:35 AM

Should? After the year we have had it better be and at this point they really should know if there is a chance it wont be.

[b]

depends if they are planning to spend any profit on investments. Perhaps Freelander can tell us?.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#12 User is offline   BodieUK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:35 AM

View PostDuckys Moved, on 03 March 2015 - 08:18 AM, said:

Well I'm shocked not!! The bloke didn't even know what the playing budget was at the start of the season. How this club is not in the black is beyond me, could a club our size be any more sucessful in the recent past and is still losing money.

Tell me where in the minutes it says that we are not in the black.....

I understand the statement doesn't fill supporters with full certainty but it is a "positive" statement nevertheless

#13 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:44 AM

Tbf as much as you are going to stick up for the club CT did say "should be back in the black" quoted which is a scary thought that somehow we might contrive to not be.

If we have sold Doyle and Cooper, had a cup run, averaged 7,000 and STILL made a loss we are in some serious trouble and heads need to roll at the top for that as we can't rely on selling players for good amounts or getting a good cup draw every year to just break even.

#14 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:48 AM

I took the "should be" bit as him covering himself a little. Not wanting to make a definitive statement without the full facts in front of him as i cant think they would have detailed financial reports ready for a fans forum meeting. If he had said we would definitely be back in the black at the meeting and then for some reason we werent then he would be strung up on here again!

#15 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:01 AM

View PostJonB, on 03 March 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

I took the "should be" bit as him covering himself a little. Not wanting to make a definitive statement without the full facts in front of him as i cant think they would have detailed financial reports ready for a fans forum meeting. If he had said we would definitely be back in the black at the meeting and then for some reason we werent then he would be strung up on here again!

You say that like it wouldn't be completely deserved.

#16 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:34 AM

"The debt has been reduced to some extent following the sale of Eoin Doyle."

So did the cooper sale..the 7000 home average and cup run not reduce the debt at all? If not then in an average season we can expect to have to sell 3 or 4 good players to break even?

Coopers fee was staged payments I understand so it will have a bearing on which financial year they appear, DA told us not to worry about the debt so we have to let em get on with it.

The annual accounts will be massaged to show a steady reduction of the debt I would hope as we continue to bring in the 'young and hungry' players to develop and continue the income stream.

View PostMersey Paradise, on 03 March 2015 - 08:44 AM, said:

Tbf as much as you are going to stick up for the club CT did say "should be back in the black" quoted which is a scary thought that somehow we might contrive to not be.

If we have sold Doyle and Cooper, had a cup run, averaged 7,000 and STILL made a loss we are in some serious trouble and heads need to roll at the top for that as we can't rely on selling players for good amounts or getting a good cup draw every year to just break even.

Have we averaged the 7k magical figure ?
God I hate this league.

#17 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:35 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 03 March 2015 - 10:33 AM, said:

Coopers fee was staged payments I understand so it will have a bearing on which financial year they appear, DA told us not to worry about the debt so we have to let em get on with it.

The annual accounts will be massaged to show a steady reduction of the debt I would hope as we continue to bring in the 'young and hungry' players to develop and continue the income stream.

I thought someone on he said that the whole amount of cash you receive is credited to the accounts when the initial deal is done, and not when you actually receive the cash.
East stand second class citizen.

#18 User is offline   Tips M'Gee 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:football, arty stuff, music, holidays- lots of!

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:03 AM

I would imagine that the accountants would insist on the income being amortised?
Dancers are considered mad by those who cant hear music.

#19 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:29 AM

View PostJonB, on 03 March 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

You make it sound like he needs to double check his figures!

You live & breathe this type of data & with two thirds of the current financial year gone, it shouldn't be too difficult to have a reasonable understanding of what the full year will look like.

This post has been edited by freelander2: 03 March 2015 - 12:17 PM

#20 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:11 PM

View Postmikethespire, on 02 March 2015 - 09:20 PM, said:

Apologies for the blunt question, but where have you appeared from?

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users