Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Worst Ever Referee At A Chesterfield Game? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Worst Ever Referee At A Chesterfield Game?

#41 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:20 PM

Dema Reborn, on 02 March 2015 - 05:21 PM, said:

Yes your right Dave just basing it on the game he reffed for us,i don't think he wanted to be there that night....

He knew you'd be there assessing him.............
God I hate this league.

#42 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:58 PM

SALTERGATE, on 01 March 2015 - 06:26 PM, said:

Yes, worst ref performance by a country mile, debate over !

I went to the Darlo game. To describe his performance as abject would be doing him a favour. I've never seen Town fans angrier at a ref. To this day i have no idea why or how Trevor Hebberd was sent off.

He'd done it at Saltergate a couple of years previously if i remember right, the Fulham game? (or was it Vale?) only we weren't on the receiving end.

This post has been edited by Bankrobber: 03 March 2015 - 12:59 PM

The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#43 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:36 PM

Bankrobber, on 03 March 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

I went to the Darlo game. To describe his performance as abject would be doing him a favour. I've never seen Town fans angrier at a ref. To this day i have no idea why or how Trevor Hebberd was sent off.

He'd done it at Saltergate a couple of years previously if i remember right, the Fulham game? (or was it Vale?) only we weren't on the receiving end.

I seem to remember one town fan getting onto the pitch and trying to encourage others to follow..thankfully it didn't happen!
East stand second class citizen.

#44 User is offline   oh rodney rodney 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:heavy rock/metal classic rock, having a gargle + CHESTERFIELD + EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUBS

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:20 PM

ej parker trevor kettle elleray andy urso paul danson but the worst is lee mason no matter what level he refs at theres always a ballsup he his shockin
FROM THE GREEN GREEN GRASS OF SALTERGATE,

#45 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:45 PM

oh rodney rodney, on 03 March 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

the worst is lee mason no matter what level he refs at theres always a ballsup he his shockin...

....in yet another outstanding display of ineptitude, he disallowed a perfectly good Bournemouth goal last night. CF was standing still in the area. The goalie moved towards him 5 yards with the ball in his hands, kicked it into the back of the CF, the ball rebounded on to the bar, and the CF tapped it in. The CF got booked, having not moved an inch.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#46 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:09 PM

Not sure about last nights ref being the worst, although one or two incidents made you scratch your head, but the decision not to award a penalty for the foul on Clucas ranks as one of the worst decisions I've witnessed!.
East stand second class citizen.

#47 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

Dema Reborn, on 02 March 2015 - 04:53 PM, said:

No i am on other side up against the wall of tunnel into stadium,the ref versus Hull was Fred Graham not Barber we haven't had him since,think if i had to pick one it must go to Lee Mason in a league match for being a Premier league ref.....

Fred Barber being the keeper we had on loan who liked to enter the pitch wearing a horror mask

#48 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:35 PM

Mr Mercury, on 18 March 2015 - 06:09 PM, said:

Not sure about last nights ref being the worst, although one or two incidents made you scratch your head, but the decision not to award a penalty for the foul on Clucas ranks as one of the worst decisions I've witnessed!.

Poor decision but no comparison to last seasons assault on Doyle at Bristol or any of Andy Haines head scratching decisions at Rochdale
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#49 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:53 PM

He was pretty good ok the non penalty was his worst decision and a couple of late free kicks to Gillingham were mind boggling but on the whole he did ok....

#50 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:58 PM

Dema Reborn, on 18 March 2015 - 09:53 PM, said:

He was pretty good ok the non penalty was his worst decision and a couple of late free kicks to Gillingham were mind boggling but on the whole he did ok....

Ease off on them sedatives :rolleyes:
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#51 User is offline   Mr_Pleasant 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:58 PM

Ah, now. Give him a yard. He was at least 10 yards away with no one blocking his view of Clucas being bundled into. How could he give a penalty? He's not a mind reader.

Other than that, didn't think he ranked high in the Abysmal Referee table.

#52 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:47 AM

Dema Reborn, on 18 March 2015 - 09:53 PM, said:

Mods, I'd like to report a case of identity theft.
These go to eleven.

#53 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:30 PM

My nomination is the idiot away at Tranmere who gave Rovers a penalty for apparently no reason whatsoever. There was a slight coming together with Alex Bailey and and one of their players but this was outside the box. There was then some weird conference with the ref inside the box and the next thing Tranmere lined up to take the penalty. Completely baffling and to this day I have no idea why that penalty was given.

It was the most furious I have ever been at a football match, the red rage descended and I was apoplectic. I genuinely believe that had I been able to get to the home end / pitch I would have been banned for a long long time. Stella and shocking ref decisions do not mix.

This post has been edited by Town_Fan: 19 March 2015 - 01:33 PM

Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#54 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:25 PM

Town_Fan, on 19 March 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

My nomination is the idiot away at Tranmere who gave Rovers a penalty for apparently no reason whatsoever. There was a slight coming together with Alex Bailey and and one of their players but this was outside the box. There was then some weird conference with the ref inside the box and the next thing Tranmere lined up to take the penalty. Completely baffling and to this day I have no idea why that penalty was given.

It was the most furious I have ever been at a football match, the red rage descended and I was apoplectic. I genuinely believe that had I been able to get to the home end / pitch I would have been banned for a long long time. Stella and shocking ref decisions do not mix.

Scott bleeding Mathieson

FA cup wasn't it Gus Ulhenbeck (??)

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#55 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:49 PM

clarevoyant., on 19 March 2015 - 07:25 PM, said:

Scott bleeding Mathieson

FA cup wasn't it Gus Ulhenbeck (??)

Could be, it was whoever was the right back at the time. As I say the Stella had kicked in.

Was it really Scott Mathieson? Wow what a truly gash ref.

#56 User is offline   Six Wins 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:08 PM

Town_Fan, on 19 March 2015 - 08:49 PM, said:

Could be, it was whoever was the right back at the time. As I say the Stella had kicked in.

Was it really Scott Mathieson? Wow what a truly gash ref.

Yes mate, it was Mathieson as the ref. Gareth Davies gave away a free kick, it got moved forwards 10 yards for dissent or whatever the rule was back then. For some bizarre reason he decided this changed it to a penalty, but Ian Hulme missed it anyway. Or Barry Roche or whoever was in goal at the time saved it.
Listen to your grandad - he's talking sense

#57 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:17 PM

Six Wins, on 19 March 2015 - 09:08 PM, said:

Yes mate, it was Mathieson as the ref. Gareth Davies gave away a free kick, it got moved forwards 10 yards for dissent or whatever the rule was back then. For some bizarre reason he decided this changed it to a penalty, but Ian Hulme missed it anyway. Or Barry Roche or whoever was in goal at the time saved it.

Christ I must have been seething I have no recollection of what happened after.

Was it the FA Cup? We must have been to Tranmere a million times and they all merge together.

#58 User is offline   Six Wins 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:26 PM

Town_Fan, on 19 March 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

Was it the FA Cup? We must have been to Tranmere a million times and they all merge together.

I thought it was the league, but can't be 100% sure. I do remember one of the locals in a scruffy white coat causing a bit of fury though!
Listen to your grandad - he's talking sense

#59 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:14 PM

Town_Fan, on 19 March 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

The one I'm on about FA cup 2003/4 we fought back to 2-2, they'd already missed one pen. But Mathieson did what Mathieson does best and invented another pen for them in the last min. I still have a distorted toe on my left foot because of booting the seat in front out of anger and there definitely no Stella influence in that action.

Recollection says Muggs was in goal could be wrong on that though

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Again

#60 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:39 AM

clarevoyant., on 19 March 2015 - 10:14 PM, said:

The one I'm on about FA cup 2003/4 we fought back to 2-2, they'd already missed one pen. But Mathieson did what Mathieson does best and invented another pen for them in the last min. I still have a distorted toe on my left foot because of booting the seat in front out of anger and there definitely no Stella influence in that action.

Recollection says Muggs was in goal could be wrong on that though

He should be retiring at end of this season but if he doesn't i will lose the will to live, i shouted to him at Accrington as they were warming up and if looks could kill lol ......

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users