Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Frustrations Of Chesterfield Fc - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Frustrations Of Chesterfield Fc

#1 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:11 AM

Witnessing the best football we have seen (well us oldies) for many. many seasons. Very talented players...Morsy, Ryan, Darikwa, Raglan, O'Shea etc....In around the play off positions all season.

Start the season off on fire, silencing the critics....all is buoyant & everyone is happy....then there is the Johnson saga!!....We reinvent the wheel & go on a slide of 6 or 7 games without winning....Cook getting slated, fans growing very frustrated......then, we go on a ridiculous run of losing a couple of games in about 15....everyone is bouncing again. Witnessing amazingly entertaining games, away support that any Championship club would be proud of.....top scorer in the country, scoring & tucking away chances with ease.
Then the inevitable happens...Doyle is sold (it was bound to happen & everyone expected it)...All we need to do is replace Doyle with someone of similar style & given time to slot into the team. BOOM....we sign 4 loanee's & we reinvent the B****Y wheel again....which predictably fall off....4 straight defeats & now instead of everyone thinking we will be consolidating our place in the play offs, we end up on a slippery slide to the wrong end of the table.

What happens now??? We have a rethink & sign a quality striker on loan? Do we persist with what we have? Will the mentality slip into thinking..'right we need a couple of wins to be safe'? & end up playing mind numbing cagey football!

Or do we suddenly see a drastic upturn & we go on & win 10 games out of the last 14, slotting into the play offs?

The frustration is....i wouldn't put it past us to do the latter!!

This post has been edited by Waller is my hero: 22 February 2015 - 10:11 AM

#2 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:46 PM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 22 February 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

Witnessing the best football we have seen (well us oldies) for many. many seasons. Very talented players...Morsy, Ryan, Darikwa, Raglan, O'Shea etc....In around the play off positions all season.

Start the season off on fire, silencing the critics....all is buoyant & everyone is happy....then there is the Johnson saga!!....We reinvent the wheel & go on a slide of 6 or 7 games without winning....Cook getting slated, fans growing very frustrated......then, we go on a ridiculous run of losing a couple of games in about 15....everyone is bouncing again. Witnessing amazingly entertaining games, away support that any Championship club would be proud of.....top scorer in the country, scoring & tucking away chances with ease.
Then the inevitable happens...Doyle is sold (it was bound to happen & everyone expected it)...All we need to do is replace Doyle with someone of similar style & given time to slot into the team. BOOM....we sign 4 loanee's & we reinvent the B****Y wheel again....which predictably fall off....4 straight defeats & now instead of everyone thinking we will be consolidating our place in the play offs, we end up on a slippery slide to the wrong end of the table.

What happens now??? We have a rethink & sign a quality striker on loan? Do we persist with what we have? Will the mentality slip into thinking..'right we need a couple of wins to be safe'? & end up playing mind numbing cagey football!

Or do we suddenly see a drastic upturn & we go on & win 10 games out of the last 14, slotting into the play offs?

Excellent post! Mirrors exactly how I feel. Too much tinkering cookie!!
#notapennymore

#3 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:31 PM

We win Saturday & everyone is buoyant again 😊

#4 User is offline   Freddie 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:46 PM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 25 February 2015 - 09:31 PM, said:

On the other hand, a loss and everyone is ...........

#5 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:02 PM

What did I say!!!!

#6 User is offline   bifocart 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:06 AM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 03 March 2015 - 10:02 PM, said:

What did I say!!!!

Town intit? :D

This post has been edited by bifocart: 04 March 2015 - 12:07 AM

#7 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:35 AM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 22 February 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

Stating the B****Y obvious but Roberts is wasted on the flanks - play him behind the forwards.
God I hate this league.

#8 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:43 AM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 25 February 2015 - 09:31 PM, said:

Saturday?

#9 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:56 AM

Take notice of when this thread started!

#10 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:19 AM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 04 March 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

Take notice of when this thread started!

Well spotted

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users