Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Please Get Rid Of Gnanduillet Total Rubbish - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Please Get Rid Of Gnanduillet Total Rubbish

#21 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

View Postedmonds200, on 18 February 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

Perhaps you are missing players like Boco who keeps it simple but never gives the ball away - Just Saying

perhaps you are a dick who has no idea what you are on about - just saying

Boco was a bit part player this season, nothing more, did well enough when he played but never a vital part of the team, Roberts and Doyle on the other hand........

#22 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:47 AM

View PostErwan dsihounou, on 18 February 2015 - 07:31 AM, said:

i remember when armand used to actually run at players ,i remember against wimbledon when he picked the ball up about half way and ran with it before laying it off sublimely to lester for a goal,that was what frightened players and that was what he did have that was good,but that one trait that he did have has for some reason gone,he is now not as good as he was once and thats saying something,for all the obsessed people on this forum who worship a flicked on 1980 style header as some kind of good football i ask ..has it ever won us a football match?

A very good post on a crap thread from on of his major critics.

I remember that too and other moments like that goal he scored from a narrow angle that made you think, just maybe.....

I don't think he suddenly decided himself last year, hey I am an 80s target man. I remember PC himself stating himself that he wasn't a conventional target man but continues to use him that way

What is for sure, blaming him for 3 defeats when he's been on the pitch less than 50% of the time is a nonsense.

I think for sure unless he suddenly becomes prolific (which even I concede) seems unlikely, he won't be retained at the end of the season due to the fact we have signed 2 strikers on 18 month contracts. The chances are unless Harrison steps up we'll be looking for 2 new ones close season no matter how this season pans out.

Mind you we thought that last season. Nobody thought we'd be left with Armand as second choice at the start of this season, let alone arguably first choice
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#23 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:50 AM

View Postazul, on 18 February 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

A very good post on a crap thread from on of his major critics.

I remember that too and other moments like that goal he scored from a narrow angle that made you think, just maybe.....

I don't think he suddenly decided himself last year, hey I am an 80s target man. I remember PC himself stating himself that he wasn't a conventional target man but continues to use him that way

What is for sure, blaming him for 3 defeats when he's been on the pitch less than 50% of the time is a nonsense.

I think for sure unless he suddenly becomes prolific (which even I concede) seems unlikely, he won't be retained at the end of the season due to the fact we have signed 2 strikers on 18 month contracts. The chances are unless Harrison steps up we'll be looking for 2 new ones close season no matter how this season pans out.

Mind you we thought that last season. Nobody thought we'd be left with Armand as second choice at the start of this season, let alone arguably first choice

As one of the so called armand apologists, mafia, nuthuggers etc. I totally agree with your post.

Sure he isn't the most technically gifted , but he always gives 100% and can unsettle defences.

I will concede he isn't the long term answer but the vitriol directed at him by some beggars belief.

As you say he is playing the role Cook has given him as a target man and doing a ok job.

The bottom line is If we want better then we will have to pay for it.....

BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#24 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:00 AM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 18 February 2015 - 06:24 AM, said:

he couldnt strike a match , never mind a goal , free header in keepers hands , a one on one scraped wide not even worked the keeper , then worst of all came onto defend a corner , left the big centre back he was supposed to mark and its one nil , get rid , USELESS :angry

Go on then I'll bite - we have to pay him up to get rid of him. That costs money.

To bring in a loan replacement will cost money.

Typical babyish reaction to another loss from you. If things are that bad why do you go to games, it comes across as though the loss was down to Armand ?

WOULD YOU LIKE TO ANSWER EACH POINT RAISED.

God I hate this league.

#25 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:03 AM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 18 February 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

Don't get me wrong, as a person I'm sure he's a great guy. Can't fault his desire to play, it's just he is slow and not aware of players around him and not technically good, which amounts to gash. Why on earth PC still keeps playing him is beyond me because one thing is certain, if we rely on him to get us goals, then relegation beckons. So come on Cookie get us a decent centre forward and get rid of Armand no goals.

He plays him because he's the best of a poor bunch atm - who else would you suggest we play? remember no guarantees........
God I hate this league.

#26 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:30 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 18 February 2015 - 11:03 AM, said:

He plays him because he's the best of a poor bunch atm - who else would you suggest we play? remember no guarantees........

The new lads need pitch time to prove themselves. It is still early days for them to bed in. I would like PC to give Harrison a talk and at least 90 mins and tell him to prove himself as it is his chance to shine. The thought of Armand no goals as our senior striker worries me. But what worries me more is our midfielders losing confidence in our strike force. ie. whats the point in sending goods balls through if they can't convert. VERY demoralising for the whole team.

#27 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:32 AM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 18 February 2015 - 06:24 AM, said:

he couldnt strike a match , never mind a goal , free header in keepers hands , a one on one scraped wide not even worked the keeper , then worst of all came onto defend a corner , left the big centre back he was supposed to mark and its one nil , get rid , USELESS :angry

He is a tall striker, though.
These go to eleven.

#28 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:32 AM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 18 February 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

The new lads need pitch time to prove themselves. It is still early days for them to bed in. I would like PC to give Harrison a talk and at least 90 mins and tell him to prove himself as it is his chance to shine. The thought of Armand no goals as our senior striker worries me. But what worries me more is our midfielders losing confidence in our strike force. ie. whats the point in sending goods balls through if they can't convert. VERY demoralising for the whole team.

And if things don't improve ? Back to plan A.
God I hate this league.

#29 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:33 AM

View PostSiberian Spireite, on 18 February 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

He is a tall striker, though.

Not tall enough only 6ft 4

#30 User is offline   Lincs Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:46 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 18 February 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

And if things don't improve ? Back to plan A.

Yeah, Mansfield tactics, lump it forward and hope to find Armand's head which gets us nowhere. Quick pass the sick bucket !!

#31 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:48 AM

View PostBowzer spirey, on 18 February 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

Yeah, Mansfield tactics, lump it forward and hope to find Armand's head which gets us nowhere. Quick pass the sick bucket !!

Reality says we go with what we have....going to be a bumpy ride.
God I hate this league.

#32 User is offline   Crack 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:37 PM

Nice guy but unfortunately cannot time his jumps cannot direct a header and has no ball control, at least at this level not good enough.

#33 User is online   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:54 PM

View Postbrianclose, on 18 February 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

Not tall enough only 6ft 4

and he cant jump two foot in the air :angry

#34 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:08 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 18 February 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

and he cant jump two foot in the air :angry

Blimey, you appear to be wrong :o

https://www.youtube....h?v=ZFnaGIB-5as

30 seconds in, then again that was L2
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#35 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

View PostCrack, on 18 February 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

Nice guy but unfortunately cannot time his jumps cannot direct a header and has no ball control, at least at this level not good enough.

The best bit of business PC can possibly do in the window is to get Armand on loan to a good L2 club.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#36 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:41 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 18 February 2015 - 08:45 AM, said:

So Cookie was the Messiah weeks ago and now he knows nothing about football?

I still think Cooky is the best manager in the bottom 2 divisions and that he'll get it right.I thought he made a massive mistake last night with his subs, they weren't needed at the time, however, the games over lets move on.
lindave

#37 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:08 PM

View Postlindave, on 18 February 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

I still think Cooky is the best manager in the bottom 2 divisions and that he'll get it right.I thought he made a massive mistake last night with his subs, they weren't needed at the time, however, the games over lets move on.

Out of interest Dave was he trying to win the game or replacing tired players with Dale in mind.
God I hate this league.

#38 User is offline   BLUE SINCE 62 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:27 PM

What makes me laugh is we all look for a scapegoat and Armand seems to have become that goat, try looking at the Manager who when we played Orient started with 2 upfront then put Lavery onto the right wing. So Armand still wins the headers and nobody there for the dropdowns / flickons, when we play Scunthorpe we start with a proper winger to put crosses into the box and he leaves the big lad on the bench.
So is it all Armands fault? I dont think so lets look at the defence who cant defend corners because we lack height at the back. Tommy has a howler and gifts a goal away is that Armands fault?

So IMO the whole team including the Managment are at fault for the last three games, I doubt all will agree cause people like Warfey are looking for a scapegoat.

#39 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:33 PM

I've just watched the extended highlights and I quite surprised as I expected Armand's chance to be a sitter and it wasn't. I reckon we had at least two better chances with Ritchie and Jay who should have hit the back of the net. Lavery also had a good chance.
Jay O used to have a decent shot on him, this season he's been poor at best. If we were playing Rugby he would have racked up an impressive seasons total so far.
#notapennymore

#40 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:42 PM

View Postedmonds200, on 18 February 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

Perhaps you are missing players like Boco who keeps it simple but never gives the ball away - Just Saying

boco, was an asset and we are weaker as a squad without him, but lets not go over the top
A new hope.

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users