Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Season Ticket Holders - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Season Ticket Holders

#1 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:06 AM

Looking at yesterdays successful "kids offer" and heeding comments by Mr Mecury on another thread begs the question why can't there be more of these initiatives?

I remember my first game a relegation confirming draw with Reading and my first away match a 5-1 defeat at Notts county with affection, regardless of the outcome I was hooked and awaited the next game with close to the anticipation of Christmas. In those days there wasn't many distractions to turn a young lads head as there are now (only one Tv channel). So we have to fight harder to increase what will be out core support in years to come, yesterdays exercise is something we must do more often if we aspire to fill in the corners.

I understand the club being reticent to doing this so that they don't undermine the value of the season ticket. Well has a long standing season ticket I say make these offers available as often as possible in fact do it for the Colchester, Gillingham' Crewe and Walsall games and a good number of games next season. Get the little un's interested while things are reasonable on the pitch and take their minds of xbox or what ever. I appreciate there will be a few scallies who will use these offers to "beat" the system so what, the benefits are greater.

So being a season ticket holder I hereby declare my season ticket will in my eyes not be devalued what so ever if kids offers are introduced to a large number of games and I would hope that season ticket holders on this forum would think the same and acknowledge that fact and maybe club officials reading this may consider our opinion

Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#2 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:08 AM

Hear Hear
"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#3 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:15 AM

View PostJohnnyspireite7, on 01 March 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

Hear Hear

Same here,we budget as a family thru the year for our 3 season tickets and it was great to see the famlies in the North end of the East stand yesterday,getting priority for any big games is enough reward for us so the more the merrier for me,after all the young ones are the future of any club.

#4 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:16 AM

The school offers are only on for certain schools on certain games (barrow hill this time I think) so it doesn't really devalue the price of a season ticket as the same people can't use the school offer every time. I agree, get people in and fill that corner, either that or get many schools and stick em in the north stand and away fans in the corner.
Here we go again!

#5 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:20 AM

View PostTrigger (not the freak), on 01 March 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

The school offers are only on for certain schools on certain games (barrow hill this time I think) so it doesn't really devalue the price of a season ticket as the same people can't use the school offer every time. I agree, get people in and fill that corner, either that or get many schools and stick em in the north stand and away fans in the corner.

This gets my vote as well. It is important to inspire fans of the future before they are drawn to PL teams
Have passport will travel

#6 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:25 AM

Can anyone remember in the '80's when the Club announced a season ticket for lie at (I think) about £200 (which was probably a fair whack in those days)?
Anyone get one-and is it still valid??

#7 User is offline   dallyduncan 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:41 AM

View Postclarevoyant., on 01 March 2015 - 11:06 AM, said:

Looking at yesterdays successful "kids offer" and heeding comments by Mr Mecury on another thread begs the question why can't there be more of these initiatives?

I remember my first game a relegation confirming draw with Reading and my first away match a 5-1 defeat at Notts county with affection, regardless of the outcome I was hooked and awaited the next game with close to the anticipation of Christmas. In those days there wasn't many distractions to turn a young lads head as there are now (only one Tv channel). So we have to fight harder to increase what will be out core support in years to come, yesterdays exercise is something we must do more often if we aspire to fill in the corners.

I understand the club being reticent to doing this so that they don't undermine the value of the season ticket. Well has a long standing season ticket I say make these offers available as often as possible in fact do it for the Colchester, Gillingham' Crewe and Walsall games and a good number of games next season. Get the little un's interested while things are reasonable on the pitch and take their minds of xbox or what ever. I appreciate there will be a few scallies who will use these offers to "beat" the system so what, the benefits are greater.

So being a season ticket holder I hereby declare my season ticket will in my eyes not be devalued what so ever if kids offers are introduced to a large number of games and I would hope that season ticket holders on this forum would think the same and acknowledge that fact and maybe club officials reading this may consider our opinion

Totally agree with this threadf

#8 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:01 PM

We have already done one. What will another 3 scoreboards cost us?

#9 User is offline   ClowneSpireite2013 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:10 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 01 March 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

We have already done one. What will another 3 scoreboards cost us?

Do what mk Dons are doing.Interest free season ticket sales.

#10 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:17 PM

Yes completely agree clarevoyant!
East stand second class citizen.

#11 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:54 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 01 March 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

Can anyone remember in the '80's when the Club announced a season ticket for lie at (I think) about £200 (which was probably a fair whack in those days)?
Anyone get one-and is it still valid??

I once told the Mrs I had a work call out emergency and went to Rochdale but I was never offered a cut price season ticket 😄😄

#12 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:04 PM

I think we should have more of these offers, and agree they should be hugely extended to fill the North stand with our fans when the away fans can fit in the East stand. My season ticket gives me reduced price, a seat where I want to be, and priority for cup games, so for me, that is enough of an advantage, and I have no problem with special offers to boost attendances.

#13 User is offline   Eastander 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:12 PM

I have no problem at all with offers - the more supporters present the merrier the day !

#14 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:42 PM

View Postsophocles, on 01 March 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

I think we should have more of these offers, and agree they should be hugely extended to fill the North stand with our fans when the away fans can fit in the East stand. My season ticket gives me reduced price, a seat where I want to be, and priority for cup games, so for me, that is enough of an advantage, and I have no problem with special offers to boost attendances.

Not the east stand, when they shut the gates it is a very uncomfortable place - if they want to try this, put the visitors in the northern area of the west stand

#15 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:49 PM

View PostBeelzebub, on 01 March 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

Not the east stand, when they shut the gates it is a very uncomfortable place - if they want to try this, put the visitors in the northern area of the west stand

They can't, there is no segregation in the concourse, especially if you bear in mind that the concourse is already split into 2 due to the tunnel and changing rooms splitting the west stand.

#16 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:54 PM

We should promote schools they are future supporters if it means a quid each so be it. My season ticket saves me a few quid I have no problem with promoting the club in schools
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#17 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:04 PM

to the best of my knowledge, Bolsover infant and nursery school, bolsover c of e junior school and the Bolsover School have not had a school offer for at least the last 4 years. It seems a bit strange that at least the c of e school hasn't had an offer especially as they have CFC football coaching after school.
As it happens we started going because of a school offer 7 years ago and have been season ticket holders for 5 years now....

#18 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:38 PM

Good post and I agree in principle.

However, these promotions need to add value in short, medium & long term. My major concern is that they might weaken matchday revenue in the short term, something which we can ill afford at the minute. Like you, these promotions don't bother me personally because there's a much bigger picture, but people will look to try and abuse the system, that's just sadly how it is.

There's no use getting kids to attend their first game and having no follow up to ensure repeat visits. The Trust / Club need to devise a programme that increases the chance of kids returning for a 2nd, 3rd & 4th game and hopefully, purchasing a ST in the long term. Kids don't get hooked from one match, there needs to be a subsidised scheme that kids/families/parents can sign up to.

#19 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 01 March 2015 - 04:38 PM, said:

Good post and I agree in principle.

However, these promotions need to add value in short, medium & long term. My major concern is that they might weaken matchday revenue in the short term, something which we can ill afford at the minute. Like you, these promotions don't bother me personally because there's a much bigger picture, but people will look to try and abuse the system, that's just sadly how it is.

There's no use getting kids to attend their first game and having no follow up to ensure repeat visits. The Trust / Club need to devise a programme that increases the chance of kids returning for a 2nd, 3rd & 4th game and hopefully, purchasing a ST in the long term. Kids don't get hooked from one match, there needs to be a subsidised scheme that kids/families/parents can sign up to.

A season ticket in the family stand is almost a gimmie anyway.

#20 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:58 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 01 March 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

A season ticket in the family stand is almost a gimmie anyway.

It's the gap between attending your first game and signing up for a ST that needs some work.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users