Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Start of last season - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Start of last season

#1 User is offline   twistedspire 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:46 AM

During August we picked up 8 points out of a possible 12, got through the 1st round of the JPT and had a good go at Middlesborough.

All this without Davies for the majority of the month (due to suspension) & no Smalley,

Granted its a league above, and i would like to see a couple of fresh faces as much as the next man, but all this doom and gloom before a ball has even been kicked is a bit of an ovary-action.

This post has been edited by twistedspire: 04 August 2011 - 11:46 AM

#2 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:55 AM

twistedspire, on 04 August 2011 - 11:46 AM, said:

During August we picked up 8 points out of a possible 12, got through the 1st round of the JPT and had a good go at Middlesborough.

All this without Davies for the majority of the month (due to suspension) & no Smalley,

Granted its a league above, and i would like to see a couple of fresh faces as much as the next man, but all this doom and gloom before a ball has even been kicked is a bit of an ovary-action.

I was just thinkin the exact same, the window is open until 31st August so no need to panic buy for saturday and the loan window re-opens 2 weeks after that.

We'll hold our own with the current squad until sheridan can get the right player(s) in (which history would suggest he will do)

#3 User is offline   BlueRover52 

• If it aint broke don't fix it!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

twistedspire, on 04 August 2011 - 11:46 AM, said:

:closedeyes: More moaning out of frustration than doom and gloom.We didn't win the L2 Championship to not plan to build on that achievment.The club has a vision for the future and will put together a squad to keep that plan on track.We're not the only club to be thwarted in their attempts to sign quality players.We'll get there.
Many a good tune

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users